Topic: "Which type of hash??" (page 1 of 2)

1 2 >
Author Post
davs
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Hi,
Does somebody know which type of hash is this:

EPMxYZK4dXVBm57K0vmz7o3gKCYOZq2SXgUdnSyki8g= //(This is hash of plain 123456)
aRJO50AA83KWsMLyYKBOJNzGeNjIXmEIf+XrGBFu53w= //(This is of plain char 'a')

Hashes is always the same long.
Thanks.
private message Website
aceldama
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
unless of course it's some kind of home-brew hash. you know, the type that adds the sum of all the characters together.

10f3316192b87575419b9ecad2f9b3ee8de028260e66ad925e051d9d2ca48bc8
69124ee74000f37296b0c2f260a04e24dcc678d8c85e61087fe5eb18116ee77c

or maybe a typo? where'd you get it?
private message
davs
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster

Hm, I doubt that is "home-made" hash, maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that this is some type of 'standard' hash. I get it from one site and I need to reverse this hash y3yvCwgt7gb5XFY/wseQAIntyvBPw8Ap2fGHPHqkfFg= to plain text.
private message Website
aceldama
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
the reason i'm wondering is because google should know the standard "A" or "ABC" hash. like when you google "900150983cd24fb0d6963f7d28e17f72" you get that it's the MD5 of "abc", and it doesn't work on your hashes. that's why i'm guessing it must be a home-brew hash. am i making sense?
Edited by aceldama on 30.01.2010 21:55:11
private message
davs
Yes you are right. Now I need to find solution how to reverse it.
private message Website
jacano
Perhaps -> some_kind_gzinflate(base64_decode('data'))
private message EMail
harvestsnow
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
It could be a salted standard hash, like sha256("GuE55MyS4l#dUD3" + input) . Thus you can produce unpredictable output with a reliable, heavily studied function. In that case, it's probably easier to find the salt than to cryptanalyse the input/hash couples.
private message
davs
I found it !
:P
private message Website
jacano
So, how was this hash generated?
private message EMail
davs
http://php.net/manual/en/book.mcrypt.php
private message Website

Topic: "Which type of hash??" (page 1 of 2)

1 2 >