Topic: "Forum-Search" (page 1 of 2)

1 2 >
Author Post
Erik
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Hi,

:pc2: I finally put together the search-feature for the forum.
Please post here any errors, suggestions, opinions, ideas, gossip, ...

Cu, Erik :)
private message EMail Website
BaRa
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Hi Erik,

First of all, great job on the Forum-Search feature!! It rocks.

But I discovered something funny. After doing what everybody does on the first try with the Forum-Search, which is searching your own nick, I noticed something.
The search engine also searches on the discussion afterwards threads of ALL the challenges, including the ones I didn't solve. Seems like I'm getting mentioned here and there...

Now it dawned on me... Can't this feature be exploited?
Just use some keywords of what you think you have to do to solve the challenge. And the Search-Engine will provide you with a boolean answer.
It's hard and will require alot of guessing/effort, but i'll bet some users will go the distance....

Greetz BaRa
private message
Darkego
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Lol, maybe a nice function, but where is it :P.

Cya,
Darkego
Phas(retired)
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
I found a funny thing... I searched for Phas is stupid and got Page: 1 [Hits -29 to 0 from 1]
It seems that it found 29 topics where there's a proof of Phas is not stupid :D
Phas(retired)
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
You need to search in the linkcrypto section of the solutions forum
sniperkid
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Page: 1 2 3 4 [Hits 1 to 30 from 94]

lol if you combine the "OR" ;)
private message Website
Erik
QuoteQuote from Phas:
I found a funny thing... I searched for Phas is stupid and got Page: 1 [Hits -29 to 0 from 1]
It seems that it found 29 topics where there's a proof of Phas is not stupid :D
:pc2: Fixed.
Erik
QuoteQuote from BaRa:
The search engine also searches on the discussion afterwards threads of ALL the challenges, including the ones I didn't solve.
Seems like I'm getting mentioned here and there...
:pc2: Fixed.
BaRa
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Erik,
Could you replace this:
::[<a href="forum/forum_structure.php?rootid=13" target="frame_main">Forum</a>]

with this:
::[<a href="forum/forum_structure.php?rootid=13" target="frame_main">Forum</a>]::[<a href="forum/forum_search.php?forums[]=0" target="frame_main">Search</a>]

in the menue.php? Thanks
Greetz BaRa
private message
Erik
Nice idea!

Topic: "Forum-Search" (page 1 of 2)

1 2 >