Topic: "TBS, Erik please do something against..." (page 1 of 6)

1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Author Post
rayden5
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
this endless "Can you give me a Hint" PM !!!! I know there is already some similar thread but it seems noone really cares about the situation.

The problem is that lately even at the top this becomes more and more annoying. As soon as someone solves a challange you can be sure he get bombed by others asking for hints over and over again-.the same hints, the same challenges and the same people....whats the deal if someone just opens the list of "solved by" Users , sending to each one "Can you give me hint" PM's unitl he nearly gets the solution :-?

Im pretty sure that pjsk8 got bombed too for the minimaist Crypto and hopefully he wont give out anything or at least not too much infos about the crypto. Dont miss understand me i trade hints myself but i dont ask for hints 10 times the same ppls , when i still cant get it !!! I can only repeat that this problem seems to become more and more pouplar...

If you maybe want to try some things to avoid this Mass Trading PM System:

- First make the "Solved by " INVISIBLE...i dont havew to care who solved a challenge..its enough if i see its Solveable !. especially for Challenges solved by less than 10 users I think this my rapidly decrease the chance of getting spammed for Hints
- Hide the Emails as standard

...i dont kow if something will ever change but if NOT you will have soon lets say 10 or more Users which all have solved the exact same Challenges on the TOP, and this cant be a good thing ! Iam sure most other Top-Players agree with me

This is just my opinion about what I see whats lately going on here at TBS..

Ray
Edited by rayden5 on 21.06.2004 09:08:04
private message
doOdzZZ
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Ello, primarily I do agree with rayden because we've all in some way or another had to go through the experience both ways I should say. Still after alot of consideration to the consequences of such actions I would say it would be for the best creat a hinting system which provides a single hint to each player to get him going on knowing that the player is free to see those hints or not, but it would be rather a logical step to unload the questions.
private message EMail Website
Corso
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
I think the forum is the best place to exchange hints. But I know there are some hints or a certain kind of help that it's not a good idea to give it in the forum...
private message
doOdzZZ
As I said previously a hinting system should exist and founded by the creators of the challenges them selves, for instance next to the challenge there should be a link under the name 'Hint', a user chooses to click it or not its rather his actions then. Now concerning the annoyig pm's I believe that they are unstopable but by doing the hinting system there will be probably a 60% chance to cut the rate of pm's about challenges.
CyBeR
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
that is a very good idea . in 3 weeks i got summer holiday.then i will really try to solve the damn contact :D
private message
doOdzZZ
o_0 I wonder!!!
CyBeR
why do you wonder ?
private message
doOdzZZ
Because I am not sure of anything ;-), so I wonder =).
CyBeR
hehe!
i am not sure,if am able to solve it. (i do hope) and i will try !
private message
pjsk8
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
Damn, my other post didn't go through. Well, yes, I have gotten 10 pm's as of last night asking for Minimalist Crypto. Just to let everyboduy know in advance, I'm not giving hints about it, so don't bother asking. This was SUCH an easy challenge. I do not know how you people at the top can stand all these pm's. I know I have made my fair share of pm's, but I mean holy crap. All you have to do is jsut think abut it you know? Well, as for the hint system, I do believe that there should be a link to hints, but there should also be something you have to do before you get to the hint. Maybe something like a mini-challenge? The harder the challenge you solve, the better the hint you will be rewarded. You can't just go into a very difficult challenge and expect to get a hint that will almost give it away. You have to work for it. Am I right?

Edited by pjsk8 on 21.06.2004 21:37:05
private message

Topic: "TBS, Erik please do something against..." (page 1 of 6)

1 2 3 4 5 6 >