Topic: "Pm's I love" (page 1 of 3)

1 2 3 >
Author Post
unknown user
It's from unime
QuoteQuote:

Hey Rhican,

I read your stuff about Electrica's xss vunlerability, and I have to say you are the biggest da/dt I've encountered in a while.

First, insulting Caesum was out of line. Caesum is not merely ""great"" he is *great*. His challenges are simply excellent and he put together a very nice site. "Incompetence++" my ass. Nobody except you cares about this. (it's no skin off my nose that testtest cheated to get to the top users list). The proper thing to do is email Caesum, and even offer to debug the code. Instead you post here like a script kiddie looking for admiration. Great.

How about putting your talents to use, instead? Like Caesum did. Not much chance of that, huh? Offer something of value to the hacker game community (Caesum has many times over) and maybe I'll change my mind. Crowing about your skillZ at finding vulnerabilities nobody cares about makes you look petty.

As for self-censorship. Well, all I can say is you are a fool. Being part of a community means abiding by that communities standards, whether it be online or in person. A person who never holds back is a sociopath. The Wikipedia article gives two motivations for self-censorship: One is fear; the other deference. Being accepted in a community requires showing deference on occasion (except, possibly, for strong leaders, but you are not heading in the direction, are you?). Learn how to behave. Please.

Your pal, Ken

10 points for everybody who finds the faults.

spoilers:

-First of all I published an SQL-injection in electrica. Granted you can exploit it as XSS but i published it as SQL, and you can get all challenge solutions, and more like email adresses you can sell to spammers. (if you can't distinguis between the two...)

-contradiction: if nobody cares about the vulnerability, why did you write that pm?

-He believes my motivation for posting is "looking for admiration", let me burst your bubble: it's not. I posted it because it's broken.

Ps, I've been called a lot of things, it has been a while since somebody called me a scriptkiddie, and fool. And in case you haven't noticed, I don't consider myself to be a part of this community. I have serious resentment for most key people in it.

Ps: I understand why you had to yell at someone, seeing as you sent the PM at "01.01.2008 00:58". (Yeah I know about timezones, but that means for you it was about 5 hours or so to the new year. And I don't know where you were, but I wasn't behind my pc namecalling people on the internets). Have a good year btw. Best wishes
EMail
bb
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
QuoteQuote from rhican:

Ps, I've been called a lot of things, it has been a while since somebody called me a scriptkiddie, and fool. And in case you haven't noticed, I don't consider myself to be a part of this community. I have serious resentment for most key people in it.

If you don't consider yourself part of this community - why do you come here?
QuoteQuote:
He believes my motivation for posting is "looking for admiration", let me burst your bubble: it's not. I posted it because it's broken.

Righty ... you have an overwhelming 'community spirit' that compels you to alert a community that you do not consider yourself a part of, about something that they continue to tell you they don't care about, in a manner they disapprove of? Because it is broken ... right. Gotcha. And this 'community spirit' that you appear to be beholden to insists that you ignore completely basic responsible disclosure guidelines because... ?

I think unime was wrong on one point however. When he questioned your motivations, I think he misspelt "attention".

private message Website
unknown user
Poor bb,
EMail
DevAstatoR
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
retard
private message
quangntenemy
groupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
QuoteQuote from rhican:

http://www.just-eat.co.uk/Pages/Restaurants.aspx?zip=');alert('5

I wondered why you didn't use <script> directly, but that was indeed a good way to get around that crappy filter by M$.
Any idea why those stupid guys wanted to throw an ugly 500 error whenever an XSS/SQL injection string is submitted to an aspx page though?
Are they really that scared of being hacked?
private message EMail Website
unknown user
EMail
Phas(retired)
QuoteQuote from rhican:
you are mad at me because i show you how easy it is that your privacy is violated

Wrong, there's ambiguity in the words "I show you" (you pron. 1. Used to refer to the one or ones being addressed) and for all of us there's a big difference in "someone showing ME how easy it is that MY privacy is violated" and "someone showing US how easy it is that MY privacy is violated".

I know that you can't understand us, you are blind because you only look for being the one that teaches the world security issues, but there are words like respect, deference and other ones that you don't seem to have in mind.

A person with your computing knowledge should be admired, but your behaviour devalues your words.

I wish you a happy new year. ( << that you is plural ;-) )

Edited by Phas(retired) on 03.01.2008 10:48:20
private message EMail Website
bb
QuoteQuote from rhican:
Poor bb,

the entire purpose of you message was only to question my intentions and motivations?
Not enough cohones to take a real side?
I didn't realise it was a question of sides. Either way there are good and bad people on either side. What are my options? No .. hang on ... let me guess, it will be more fun. Is it ... TheRestOfTheWorld or rhican I can choose from? :)
QuoteQuote:
Anyway your rhetorical questions don't really deserve an answer but, I'll give you one, just because I can.
How remarkably kind of your good self to grace me with an answer. And everyone else while you are at it. For if it were done by PM, you wouldn't get any attention. But this is not why you did it of course ... even knowing that I would have replied identically in PM. We'll just strike it down to coincidence shall we?

QuoteQuote:
To be part of a community, you have to have some connections in it and two way communication, all i do is paste content in this site
I am perfectly aware that you do not consider yourself a part of this community - why the need to reiterate? It answers nothing, not even 'rhetorical questions not deserving of your time'?

QuoteQuote:
.. that's why "responsible disclosure" (a misnomer) doesn't work. There were a record braking number of DATA LEAKS in 2007:
according to them http://www.idtheftcenter.org 79 million
according to them http://attrition.org/dataloss/ 162 million
Nice headline figures. 162 Million - oh noes. On closer inspection, the majority of these data leaks (btw - it's record breaking, not braking - though that is probably how it feels. If you retard something that can also be braking. I'm sure that is what DevAstatoR meant btw ;)) revolve around stolen laptops and cunswuppery of the highest order (i.e. the loss of 25million records by our beloved HMRC - by mailing them out to another department on two CDs in MS Access format. The CDs were not encrypted but they were protected by a password ... which made me feel a lot safer :o).

Or do you have other reasons why you don't believe it works? Something better than data leaks increasing? To make that sort of claim you would have to only include data leaks that happened as a result of a security breach (no stolen laptops I'm afraid) and then only when sensitive information is exposed. Then we would need to examine the IT cultures of the companies/institutions that this happened to. Make comparisons and projections on what may have happened had a different disclosure route been taken. And of course, take into account what leaks happened due to attention seeking marble hunters feeling the need to be in the 'eye' of the community that they do not feel a member of by waving their "oh noes - look what I found" flag all over the playground.

Why were you doing that here again? Please tell me it wasn't because you are worried that the coder of the next website that my mum goes to order pizza from may have at some point spent some time here and learnt from the great rhican?

Just because you don't believe in it, doesn't mean it's not true. I thought trolls were a bed time story until very recently. Then I noticed more and more of your posts. Including this next gem.
QuoteQuote:
It's a bit fatiguing arguing, with all of you at the same time, because you keep changing positions and use circular logic.
We all do? Bit of a broad brush you have there ... care to come and paint my house?
QuoteQuote:
Sort of like having to deal with a bunch of fussy 6 year olds, who want candy, everybody knows you don't argue with children about something like that.
No, of course not. That would be responsible parenting. I imagine you don't believe that works either - hence the fact that no-one ever argues with a 6 year old over candy. In fact, IIRC in some countries it is illegal to even try ... :idiot:
QuoteQuote:
But when those children are the powers that "be", you have to make an exception and humor them. Hoping that one day they will grasp a bigger piece of the picture.
"be"??? You know, some unkind person may come along and think you but be in inverted commas because to suggest that if the 'children' really had the power would mean that you didn't. Though that may be a touch unkind ... I'm sure it was Freudian :)
QuoteQuote:
When those powers that be, use there censoring capabilities to win arguments (as they have done in this thread), it's clear that that isn't yet for today, and still we set out to do our job.
Two quick little things - I cannot comment on the censoring since I have yet to see it in this thread and two ... who is 'we'? You and ...
QuoteQuote:
I have been a security enthusiast for years now, and this is my playground.
Very assertive, I think I went a little weak at the knees. The soliloquies are a distraction to your otherwise succinct reply, clearly addressing points raised by the other children. I think you may be losing dramatic effect.
QuoteQuote:
I have undoubtedly taught many if not all of you a thing or two during the past years, and provided entertainment throughout, where other peoples were counting the number possibly in preparation of the biggest hopscotch game the playground ever saw, with some parents standing at the gate looking at us in nostalgia and sighing that the playground wasn't what it used to be.
Take a breath every now and again. It will make your rants so much easier to understand.
QuoteQuote:
I focussed on what brought us here in the first place which is the desire to grasp these dreadful machines, and the quest to get under their hood.
I think you'll find there were varying reasons for people coming here. Education, amusement, to show off. We must never forget that people will have come to be entertained by you as well. Since you undoubtedly entertained us all. [as another aside : I don't think undoubtedly means what you think it does - it means "Accepted as beyond question; undisputed". As in you undoubtedly failed Statistics 101]
QuoteQuote:
All this arguing is just a facade
Yes we know. It is the attention you want.
QuoteQuote:
I know what I'm doing, and obeying playground rules
Can I get a copy of these rules? I figure they must be set in stone somewhere since every playground I know of has it's own rules. Decided by the children that play there. However there will always be the special child who runs around the playground urinating on everything screaming look at me, look at me before running off to lick some more windows - I'm not entirely sure just because they can do it, they should. I imagine the majority of kids in that particular playground will have asked the child not to as well.
QuoteQuote:
I have always backed up my words with actions. Something I can't remember anyone else here doing.
You are man - hear you roar. You are aware that a measure of a man is not necessarily his machismo aren't you? Good :)
<snip>
QuoteQuote:
I conveyed those messages by:
You did all that for us? Why thank you. All for no reward - how magnanimous. Why were you doing it again?
QuoteQuote:
Now, don't be afraid, I'm not delusional
Well that is reassuring.
QuoteQuote:
But, do remember how much these kids took pride in their marbles, and how they vastly out numbered me, yet I took them with ease.
Now you see, if you hadn't added the with ease. It all starts to add up a little wouldn't you say? Well you wouldn't undoubtedly.
QuoteQuote:
Try learn something from the experience. Have you checked the news lately? The world out there is just the same. Many of life's most important lessons are learned on the playground.
Including the lesson that the kid running around with a dirty tongue and his dick hanging out probably is, despite what he says to the contrary, a little bit delusional.
QuoteQuote:
Nothing you can say below, will change the fact that you have lost your marbles, I still have mine and if nothing else I used them to write a literary entertaining forum post.
Ah - the sticking your fingers in your ear and shouting lalalala defence. An admirable play and perfectly timed. With that you have truly sunk my boat - well played sir. How can I continue now, my forces of logic swept away before the majesty of the rhican.

I also seem to have made a mistake earlier in my post. I fear it is not undoubtedly that you do not know the meaning of, I think it may be entertainment.
private message Website
DigitalAcid
groupmastergroupmastergroupmaster
I lolled. lol
private message EMail
unknown user
EMail

Topic: "Pm's I love" (page 1 of 3)

1 2 3 >